December 28, 2007

What to pray and what not! ( Courtesy www.askenni.com)

He was a staunch believer of Lord Ganesha. He neither would booze nor would he eat non-vegetarian food on Tuesdays. We never had any argument about the existence of God then. But today we argue everyday about the presence of God. I say He exists, and he asks me if He exists then show Him to me. My friend - then a staunch believer is an atheist now. But then reason for the transformation isn’t impressive. He prayed to God that he should get married to the person he fell in love with – the bitch ditched him, and he ditched God!

I was in my 8th standard when I used to adore a girl. She was slim, cute, and had hair like that of Dimple Kapadia – reason enough for me to fall for her. The irony was - she never knew I existed. I was just watching her everyday while going to the school, and I am not sure whether she ever gave me a look. The same year my father took us to Tirupathi Balaji shrine, and my only prayer to the lord was – I should get married to this particular girl. I never had any other worries in my life I guess.

Time passed by, and I moved to my 9th standard. And one day after a long gap I spotted the same girl. And to my astonishment, she had grown much taller than me – at least by a foot! I think when I saw her first she never had attained her puberty, and when she did she grew like a lamppost. She was slimmer and looked ugly. I thanked God for not answering my prayers!

Most of us think that God is sitting there jobless to answer all our prayers. If he doesn’t, we start questioning His presence. Try giving a list of requests to your CEO, and see how many he accepts and how many he rejects. When a mortal bugger like a CEO can reject your requests, and understand what is best for you and what not, how can God – the creator of the universe - doesn’t know what you should get and when?!

So instead of disturbing God by praying for too many things, just thank God for whatever he has already provided – for He knows perfectly what you deserve and when it should be provided!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Member of Indiblogger

:: தமிழ் திரட்டுகளின் சங்கமம்
:: Tamil blogs, news, ezines